This wonderful pate recipe is bursting with omega-3 fatty acids and makes a delicious starter or a light lunch for 4 people. Serve with warm rolls or wholemeal toast and a salad garnish.
- 50g rocket leaves
- 225g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 250g Quark
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- lemon juice
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Place the mackerel, Quark, rocket leaves and horseradish into a food processor. Pulse to puree the ingredients and create a textured pate.
- Check the seasoning then add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to 4 individual ramekins or one large bowl, cover and chill for about 1 hour before serving.