This recipe has the perfect amount of tang with the perfect amount of sweetness, and
the perfect amount of crunch with the perfect amount of softness. Ideal for large dinner parties, this rhubarb crumble is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone that tries it.
- 10 sticks of young pink rhubarb sticks (about 750g)
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 150g plain flour
- 75g porridge oats
- 100g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200c/180c for fan assisted. You will need a 30 x 23 x 5cm overproof dish (1.7 litre/3 pint).
- Cut your rhubarb sticks into 5cm pieces and arrange in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle over the soft brown sugar and toss to mix. Then pour over the water.
- Place your plain flour, porridge oats, butter and caster sugar into a bowl. Rub with your fingertips until the mixture has a breadcrumb-like consistency. Sprinkle it over the rhubarb mixture, making sure to cover it completely.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and leave it to cook for 50 minutes, or until pale golden and bubbling around the edges.
Once you have removed your crumble from the oven, you can dish it up and enjoy! We recommend eating it with ice cream whilst it’s still warm, but of course, this dessert would also go with cream or custard too.