Now that the sun has finally decided to show his face a little more, we think it’s about time we started sharing some summery recipes. Today’s post is a delicious dessert that’s ideal for adding a little pizzazz to your garden parties or barbecues. With juicy, sun-kissed strawberries, smooth cream and a crunchy biscuit base, these individual cheesecake jars are sure to be a winner. They’re easy to make and beautiful to look at, so give them a go this season.
- 200g biscuits, digestives are perfect
- 200g cream cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500g strawberries, halved or quartered.
- About 8 jars with lids
- Blitz the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor or in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin. Divide the crumbs between your jars.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese, cream, 5 tablespoons your icing sugar and the vanilla extract until softly whipped.
- In another bowl, tip in half of your strawberries and the remaining icing sugar, crush them together with a fork to create a puree.
- Ripple the puree through the cream cheese mixture and divide it between the jars. You can also swirl a little extra of the puree into the mixture once its in the jar for a marble effect.
- Top each of the cheesecakes with the remaining strawberries, then secure the lids and chill until ready to eat.
There you have it! They’re super simple to make and everyone loves a good strawberry cheesecake, so they’re definitely worth a go. Because they’re in jars, this also makes them transportable, so if you fancy taking one to a picnic or to the beach, use a cooler bag!