No matter if you’re from the Hartburn area or somewhere else in the UK, joining a WI could be a great thing for you to do in 2017, and here are some reasons why.
- You will be a part of something really special. The WI is the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK, which is something we are very proud of, so we would love to see more members joining, or even more groups being set up!
- Your voice will be heard. By joining a WI, you will be able to make a real impact on local, national and international issues.
- You will have the opportunity to learn, develop and pass on your skills. At the WI, we are all about sharing our knowledge, so if you have some kitchen secrets, craft tips, garden hints or anything you feel would benefit a group, you would be able to share!
- You will be able to attend at least 11 monthly WI meetings, with the added opportunity to take part in other additional events, trips, clubs and activities that your WI may run.
- You will have access to WI Life, the WI membership magazine. They release 8 issues a year that are packed full of WI news, event information and recipes.
- You will be given a membership discount on a wide variety of courses at Denman, the WI’s own residential college in Oxfordshire. There are courses on almost anything you could think of, so take a look at this list here.
- You can get to know like-minded women in your area. The WI is a great way to meet new people and make friends that are interested in similar things to you!
If you’re interested in finding out more about the WI organisation, please click here, or if you’d like to find out about joining Hartburn Village WI, click here! It’d be a great thing to do or even look into in the new year, so why not take the leap?