As the weather heats up, we’ll be enjoy more and more cool foods, so today, we’re sharing gazpacho. If you’re not sure what gazpacho is, it’s a chilled, Spanish, veggie soup that would work perfectly alone or as a starter. With a crumbled up boiled egg on top, this cool soup is a real winner!
- Half a cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 banana shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 100g stale white bread, soaked in a little cold water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Blend most of the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and shallots to a rough puree in a food processor, making sure to reserve a couple of chunks of each for a garnish.
- Add the garlic, soaked bread, olive oil and sherry vinegar to the food processor and blend again until smooth, or to a more textured consistency if desired.
- Transfer the soup to a jug, cover with cling film and chill for at least 20 minutes or until cold.
- Cut the reserved vegetables into small cubes. When ready to serve, pour the gazpacho into bowls and garnish with the vegetables.
Full of goodness and perfect for warm weather, this soup will go down a storm in the summer! It would even be perfect for barbecues!