There’s still time to apply to th current round of Denman bursaries !
Denman bursaries are supported by donations including donations given by or in memory of Vera Cox, Dr Ernest Walker, Jessie Burns, Joan Yeo, Claire Emery, Kathleen Mary Hughes and Olive Kenyon.
Denman First-Timer bursaries – Eight bursaries for £300 each and one for £250 are available for a WI member attending a residential course for the first time.
Denman Carer bursaries – Three bursaries for up to £450 each for a 2 night residential course plus care costs and travel are available for any WI member who is a full time carer.
BURSARIES DONATED BY INDIVIDUALS
Freda Barnicoat Kindly donated by John Barnicoat in memory of his wife. Four course bursaries for £300 each and four course bursaries for £200 each are available for first time attendees on a residential course.
Netherhall Kindly donated by an avid Denman supporter. Eight course bursaries for £250 each are available for any WI member attending a residential course.
Beryl Allen legacy Kindly donated by James Allen and his sister in memory of their mother Beryl Allen. Ten course bursaries for £300 each and eight course bursaries for £250 each are available for first time attendees on a residential course.
Mary Pexton Kindly donated by Mary Pexton. Five course bursaries for £300 each are available for first time attendees on a residential course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BURSARIES
To apply for any of the Denman bursaries detailed above, please send a short letter in support of your application to:
Karen Hodge, Denman, Marcham, OXON, OX13 6NW or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your letter or email please give the following details:
- Your full name, contact details, WI and Federation
- The name of the bursary you would like to apply for
- How you would benefit from attending the course
- Whether you have received a bursary from Denman in the past
- The number and title of the course you would like to attend if your application for a bursary is successful plus a second and third choice.
- Any accommodation or dietary needs, should your application be successful
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 July 2018. Successful applicants will be contacted in writing by Friday 3 August 2018. Regrettably it will not be possible for Denman to notify unsuccessful applicants.
- All bursaries awarded must be used on residential courses taking place between 1 October 2018 and the end of September 2019.
- For WI individual members only.
- Only one bursary may be applied for per individual.
- A bursary cannot be awarded to anyone who has been awarded a Denman bursary in the past three years.
- Denman Bursaries are open to WI members only, for residential open courses and cannot be applied to a course arranged via a federation or a small group booking.
- Denman Bursaries cannot be applied to courses already booked.
- Carer costs will be paid after the course attendance upon a receipt or invoice.
Good luck everyone applying !